Thursday, April 1, 2010

Moving...and the beginning of adventures in remodeling/decorating


My parents signed the papers yesterday, making this house officially ours. Our current plan is to continue living in our current (paid-for) house while we do renovations on the new one, and move into the new one only after we have either finished remodeling the kitchen or we find renters for our current house (whichever comes first). Not only is the house peachy-keen (er...not so much) on the outside, but it is a lot of shades of peach on the inside. Now, we have nothing especially against peach, but this is a bit MUCH.

On my way home from dropping my sister off at work this morning, I picked up some paint chips and color idea booklets at Home Depot. I think I have *almost* convinced my family to give me free reign to decorate and choose colors. Almost. ;-) Of course, I will want their input.

I have only been to the house once, when we went for a second showing with our real estate agent. That was about two months ago. I really want to get over there to see what is coming up in the garden! Maybe this weekend...

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

You'll have such fun decorating. Looks beautiful.
Happy New House and have a Blessed Easter.

Anonymous said...

That's really exciting! How far away is it from your current house? I would love to see some inside pics after you've painted it too!